Pacific Branch Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management
This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions which have a direct relation to integrated pest management (IPM). The nomination of the winner of this award will be modified and forwarded as the pass-through nomination from PBESA to the ESA national competition for the Award for Excellence in Integrated Pest Management.
Any questions regarding the award or nomination process, please contact Mary Sorensen.
Nominees must be an ESA member of the Pacific Branch.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- Letter of nomination
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of recommendation
- Three of the most relevant reprints (does not count towards the 20 page limit).
Only PDF files will be accepted. Supporting image files should be embedded into the document, and should be of sufficient resolution for easy viewing. All nomination packets are limited to a maximum of 20 pages. (Any reprints are not included in the 20 page limit.)
Nominees will be judged using the following criteria for a total of 100 points:
- Research (70 points total)
- Recentness of accomplishment (last 3-4 years) (10)
- Directly related to IPM (10)
- Quality of research (10)
- Originality of research (10)
- Interpretation of results (10)
- Quality of publication(s) upon which nomination is based (10)
- Honors, awards, achievements, and recognition (10)
- Impact of Research Findings (select one, up to 30 points)
- Minor (1)
- Moderate (5)
- Important (10)
- Great (20)
- Outstanding (30)
View the list of those who have previously received this award.
Nomination packages must be submitted online via the Pacific Branch Nomination website by Saturday January 19, 2019 12:00 Midnight. This deadline refers to receipt by the Awards Administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Please inform the canvasing committee of an intent to nominate by Tuesday, January 1, 2019 via email to Mary Sorensen.